[SR-Users] RTPProxy and premature RTP

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Wed Apr 23 13:36:36 CEST 2014

I'm having some troubles with a provider sending RTP before a 183 Session
Progress or 200 OK (I see up to 1s of rtp prematurely). The machine is running
rtpproxy and apparently rtpproxy buffers these rtp packets and flushed them in
one burst when the 183/200 arrive, this creates havock in some endpoints but
is undesirable in all cases IMHO if the delay of the 182/200 is to high
(>0.1s).

Is there a way to control buffering/flushing from kamailio? Is rebuilding
rtpproxy with a smaller buffer an option? Or should I switch to an other proxy
module? Any thoughts about this subject (apart from getting the provider to
stop sending premature rtp)?

--

POCOS B.V. - Croy 9c - 5653 LC Eindhoven
Telefoon: 040 293 8661 - Fax: 040 293 8658