[SR-Users] Kamailio with rtpproxy-ng and mediaproxy-ng: Error rewriting SDP

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 21 16:18:52 CEST 2014

On 04/12/14 09:31, Olli Heiskanen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm probably still doing something wrong, I still get 488 from the
> grandstream. Also zoiper refuses the call with 415 Unsupported Media Type.
>
> According to the module description I tried to change my config to this:
> Btw, thanks for enabling verbose flags, those are more readable when
> working on the config file.
>
> if ( t_check_status("488") && sdp_content() ) {
>   if ( sdp_get_line_startswith("$avp(mline)", "m=") ) {
>     if ($avp(mline) =~ "SAVPF") {
>       $avp(rtpproxy_offer_flags) = "rtcp-mux-demux force trust-address
> replace-origin replace-session-connection ICE=force RTP/SAVPF";
>       $avp(rtpproxy_answer_flags) = "rtcp-mux-demux force trust-address
> replace-origin replace-session-connection ICE=remove RTP/SAVPF";
>     } else {
>       $avp(rtpproxy_offer_flags) = "rtcp-mux-demux force trust-address
> replace-origin replace-session-connection ICE=remove RTP/SAVPF";
>       $avp(rtpproxy_answer_flags) = "rtcp-mux-demux force trust-address
> replace-origin replace-session-connection ICE=force RTP/SAVPF";
>     }
>   }
> }

I see that you're trying to talk RTP/SAVPF in all cases. Is this what
you want? Or do you want to bridge between RTP/AVP and /SAVPF? Assuming
that the granstream doesn't support SRTP, you should replace the first
and the last occurrences in this snippet with "RTP/AVP".

> Below is the output from tail -f /var/log/messages when trying to call
> from wsclient to gsclient
> (are there any debug options etc to enable full logs being written to
> syslog to help get the whole data out?)

It's not rtpengine which is cutting off the log lines, it's probably the
syslog daemon handling them. On my system I have rsyslogd and it's
handling very long log lines quite nicely.

> I tried using -s0 option when using ngrep but the sdp still gets cut off
> for some reason, that didn't help much... Although I think there are
> full sdp when I write the output to a pcap file. I wonder if there's a
> trick to force full packets onto ngrep output without writing to file?

I believe ngrep works on a per-packet basis only, which fails as soon as
the UDP packets get fragmented. I have more luck using wireshark as it
reassembles fragments.

cheers