[SR-Users] LDAP and Kerberos backend for authentification / Or PAM / SASL ?

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:56:26 CEST 2014

Hello,

My users are managed on a common LDAP / Kerberos setup. I don’t have access in any ways to the user password in clear text mode.

I’ve start to follow this tutorial http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/mini-howto-admin/ldap-user-auth and check this documenation http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/ldap.html

But it seems LDAP module provided in Kamailio don’t handle this scenario, it except to have user password in clear text mode in the LDAP database (wrong in so many ways…).

Do we have a way with existing Kamailio plugin to use a authentication backend who don’t provide access to clear text password?

I provide different authentication « adapter » who can help any service not compatible with Kerberos to handle authentication:
- ldap bind
- sasl
- pam

Do we’ve a way to use one of this backend as an authentication service (and not just a users database).

Best regards,
Yoann