[SR-Users] Register request forwarding from kamailio to asterisk

betul.cerit at netgsm.com.tr betul.cerit at netgsm.com.tr
Wed Apr 16 14:17:15 CEST 2014

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the quick response.I will give it a try.
-----Özgün İleti-----  From: Alex Balashov  Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
3:10 PM  To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org  Subject: Re: [SR-Users] Register
request forwarding from kamailio to asterisk
Hi Betül,
There is no necessity to forward the request to Asterisk. You can use
the local registrar to save the contact binding instead. It's all a
question of what kind of architecture you, yourself, want to have. :-)
The integration instructions are just an example of a particular sort of
thing that can be done, and it's up to you to work out whether it meets
your needs.
-- Alex
On 04/16/2014 08:08 AM, betul.cerit at netgsm.com.tr wrote:
> Hi to all
> We integrated kamailio and asterisk as explained here
> http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
> When kamailio receives a register request it authenticates and forwards
> the request to asterisk.Why do we need to do this?What happens if we
> dont pass registration requests to asterisk?
> Thanks in Advance
> Betül

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC