[SR-Users] event_route[tm:branch-failure] question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:12:06 CEST 2014

On 14/04/14 10:50, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Incoming request is stored in transaction with all the changes done in
>> request_route until the transaction is created. A matter of what was the
>> r-uri at the moment of creating transaction, you will retrieve it in the
>> tm specific routing blocks when such route block handles the incoming
>> request (what is stored in t->uas).
> in this test, when invite request is routed back to the proxy, its
> request uri is exactly the same (sip:test at test.tutpro.com) as it was
> when proxy received the invite request the first time.  during the
> second processing of the invite, a new transaction is created and my
> understanding is the proxy process that does that has no knowledge of
> the earlier transaction that is still pending in some other process.
>
> so why in branch-failure route $ru is aor in in the first transaction
> and contact uri in the second transaction?
Print $ru before the function that creates the transaction (t_relay() or
t_newtran() in config) and see if they are the same for the two cases.
If yes, then you have to look inside tm code for this event route -- I
am not the developer of this features, perhaps Hugh (iirc) can share
more on what he wanted to achieve. Maybe it is what he needed, although
my expectation would be different, so at least a config option should be
introduced to select between the two behaviours.