[SR-Users] jsSIP client disconnects after a while when using Kamailio websocket

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Sat Apr 12 01:16:32 CEST 2014

I am having this issue when using kamailio-4.1.2 (after patching the segfault bug). The kamailio is configurated as a frontend for asterisk. When using UDP for SIP, this works correctly. However, I am now setting up websockets (no TLS yet), and I am
getting a disconnect after an interval. I am getting this on the logs:

Apr 11 16:19:41 elx3 /usr/sbin/kamailio[4814]: WARNING: websocket [ws_frame.c:868]: ws_keepalive(): forcibly closing connection

Tweaking with keepalive_mechanism=1 and keepalive_timeout does not change the situation, and does not even modify the interval before the disconnection. Is this keepalive something that should be visible on a SIP trace? I am only seeing REGISTER and its
response from the jsSIP trace. I do not want to have to disable keepalives just to work around this issue.