[SR-Users] new module: gzcompress

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Mon Sep 23 16:57:12 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel,

  Thanks again for developing this functionality!  As I mentioned in
my first mailing list post I'd like to see more support for this in
the open source community.  I've written an update describing the
status of various implementations:

http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/learning-stupid-nat-tricks-from-apple.html

  Having support for this in Kamailio is an important first step.  Thanks again!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> following the Kristian's email and blog about Apple Facetime using
> compressions of the body
> (http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2013-September/079816.html),
> I did a quick coding Friday evening and put together a new module that uses
> zlib to compress/decompress the body for SIP messages - I named it
> gzcompress, its readme is available at:
> - http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/gzcompress.html
>
> Might be useful for those that want to save bandwidth when peering two
> kamailios or target to get under MTU size. It is now enabled for SIP traffic
> only, but the plan is to get it for http as well, where it can be more
> relevant for xcap traffic.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com
> Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
>   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -

Kristian Kielhofner