[SR-Users] Stupid NAT tricks to learn from Apple

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 16:19:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

interesting, thanks for sharing!

What else I could say, I am really deeply extremely ... (can't find
other words) ... shocked they don't use SIGCOMP specs [ha ha!]! I
remember some discussions when I said that usage of one well established
compression algoritm will get it done in few hours (implementatio wise)
than what IETF came up with in this regard. Sad but true, many IETF
specs have no touch with reality...

Maybe I missed while quick reading, what are the "various /slight/
protocol violations" you spotted?

On 9/20/13 3:16 PM, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> I've been spending some time looking at some of the significant
> changes Apple has made to Facetime in iOS 7.  I'm far from an Apple
> fanboy but some of them are pretty interesting:
>
> - multiplexing everything over a single UDP port
> - deflate compression with SIP
> - various /slight/ protocol violations ;)
>
> More here:
>
> http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/apples-new-facetime-sip-perspective.html
>
> As SDP bodies swell more and more can we hope to build significant
> support for multiplexing and deflate compression in the SIP-focused
> open source ecosystem?

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -