[SR-Users] Caller ID using From header

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 19 21:13:32 CEST 2013

Daniel,

It's a common problem.  The simplest solution - especially if you don't
want to modify the From header - is to use one of the headers that
superecedes From: P-Asserted-Identity, or Remote-Party-ID (deprecated
draft, but very widely used).

Almost all commercial gateways and softswitches prefer them in this
order of precedence:  PAI, RPID, From.

-- Alex