[SR-Users] Registering "upstream" with the uac module, but with authentication

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:30:10 CEST 2013

Hello,

you can call save() for 200ok received from downstream. In case you deal
with nat or multiple local sockets, you need to call the functions for
fixing the registration as well as storing the local socket.

The processing can be like:
- forward register
- if getting 200ok, call save() for it
- if local timeout, call save in failure route -- you will have to call
it via a sub-route, because save() is only allowed in request route and
reply route, although failure_route should be safe for it
- if other reply from downstram, let it go to the phone

On 9/16/13 9:08 PM, Steve Davies wrote:

> On 16 September 2013 21:03, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net
> <mailto:oej at edvina.net>> wrote:
>
>     I say you're making it too complex. Let the proxy be a proxy and
>     force the client to behave properly.
>

> The client is an ordinary SIP phone.  I don't have any control over
> its behaviour.  But I'm not sure in what way it is behaving improperly?
>
> Steve

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -