[SR-Users] Registering "upstream" with the uac module, but with authentication

Steve Davies steve-lists-srusers at connection-telecom.com
Mon Sep 16 20:54:51 CEST 2013

On 16 September 2013 19:49, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 16 sep 2013 kl. 19:11 skrev Steve Davies <steve at connection-telecom.com>:
>
> Why not forward the registration from the endpoint and let them handle
> authentication?
>

> I need to push the registration upstream.  But I also need a local
> location record since I have an Asterisk on the side that also needs
> to send calls to the phones via the Kamailio instance.
>
> save before t_relay...
>
> Just forward the reg upstream. There's a parameter to save() to not
> respond.

Thanks for the reply.

It doesn't matter if the upstream isn't reachable?  I suppose not since if
we just save the registration from the original REGISTER it doesn't matter
what happens after that.

But I don't want the phone to show not-registered.  So I need to return an
OK to the phone if (and only if) there is no response from the upstream.
 Since If the registration actively fails upstream then I want the phone to
show that, but if the registration fails because the upstream link is down
then I want the registration to succeed from the pov of the phone since the
phone is at least locally registered.

My reasoning is that I conceptually I have a local registration backed up
by a corresponding upstream registration.  But reading between the lines
you are saying Kamailio can't easily do that if the upstream requires
authentication?

Thanks,
Steve