[SR-Users] Registering "upstream" with the uac module, but with authentication

Steve Davies steve at connection-telecom.com
Mon Sep 16 19:11:44 CEST 2013

> Why not forward the registration from the endpoint and let them handle authentication?

I need to push the registration upstream.  But I also need a local
location record since I have an Asterisk on the side that also needs
to send calls to the phones via the Kamailio instance.

The device on the side is Asterisk and will simply dial
SIP/userpart at kamailio, so Kamailio needs to know a location for the
device too.

I also need the registration from the phone to succeed even when the
upstream link is down since the point is that in that case the local
Asterisk will be used to handle both out and incoming calls.

Steve