[SR-Users] Nat_traversal module not sending keepalives

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Sep 9 20:09:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

you find a working example actually in the examples/pcscf/ Folder of Kamailio.
Since we don't have a full compatible usrloc-API for IMS (yet), i used
nat_traversal as replacement for nathelper; as it's not relying on the
usrloc-database.

In the config we have:
# ----- nat_traversal params -----
# If another keepalive is wanted, this is the place
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_interval", 10)
# If another method than NOTIFY is wanted:
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_method", "OPTIONS")
# From?
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_from", "sip:keepalive at HOSTNAME")
# Where we store information about keep-alives:
modparam("nat_traversal", "keepalive_state_file",
"/var/run/kamailio/keepalive_state")

With these parameters, we just call "nat_keepalive();" before
forwarding the request to the IMS-Core.  This works for us... (with
latest 4.0 or trunk versions, i haven't tried it before).

Kind regards,
Carsten

2013/9/9 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> not using this module, however, after you start, can you see a dedicated
> timer module 'NT' if you do kamctl ps?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Charles Chance
> <charles.chance at sipcentric.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently evaluating the nat_traversal module in some tests, and trying to
>> configure keepalives for registers. We currently use nathelper, but due to
>> the distributed nature of our setup, nat_traversal seems more appropriate
>> for the keepalive functionality (nathelper is sending keepalives from every
>> node).
>>
>> I am calling nat_keepalive() before save(), but no keepalives are being
>> sent. The documentation suggests that is all there is to it, but maybe I'm
>> missing something. There are no errors in the log that I can see.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>> www.sipcentric.com
>>
>> Follow us on twitter @sipcentric
>>
>> Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592.
>> Registered office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South,
>> Birmingham B7 4EJ.

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>   http://www.asipto.com

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/