[SR-Users] Kamailio Websocket and sipml5

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodilertc.net
Mon Sep 2 04:30:42 CEST 2013

Sorry, hit send early by mistake...

Kamailio is a SIP proxy and does not do anything with media.

You can find lots of comments and discussion about this on this list and
sr-dev.

Basically, WebRTC mandates a media profile (RTP/SAVPF) that is not
supported by most existing clients and servers.  As such you need something
more than just Kamailio (which is SIP signalling only) to handle this media
profile.

Regards,

Peter

--