[SR-Users] Fwd: Presence Proxy

Jan Gaida jan.gaida at grupoamper.com
Wed Oct 23 09:15:01 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'd like to explain my scenario and the module I'd like to develop. I am
hoping for comments whether there are already modules like that or which
modules' API I could use to make the development easier.

Scenario:
I have two domains (A and B) with a Kamailio server in each of them
configured as presence servers.  The agents from both domains want to
subscribe to few resources from domain A.

Idea:
In order to reduce traffic between the domains, the presence server from
domain B shall handle the subscriptions internally and use an internal
virtual presence-user-agent to subscribe to the resources in domain A.

SIP Messages:

Subscription:
1) Subscribe resource.domain.a, from each user agent ua_n.domain.b
2) 202 OK from kamailio.domain.b
3) If not already subscribed, Subscribe resource.domain.a from
kamailio.domain.b with virtual user-agent
4) 202 OK from kamailio.domain.a

(Repeat for each subscriber)
(Subscription has to be refreshed by an internal timer)

Events:
1) Publish resource.domain.a to kamailio.domain.a
2) 200 OK from kamailio.domain.a
3) Notify resource.domain.a to kamailio.domain.b
4) 200 OK from kamailio.domain.b
5) Notify resource.domain.a to each user agent ua_n.domain.b
6) 200 OK from each ua_n.domain.b

(Internally, Kamailio of domain B has to forward the incoming Notify to all
locally subscribed user-agents)

I tried using the PUA module but it does not fit all my needs. Now I think
I will have to develop my own module in order to achieve everything.  Any
ideas?

Kind regards
Jan Gaida

PS: Sorry for mailing to both mail-lists. But I was not sure which list was
the correct for this topic.

--
    *Jan **Gaida*
Ingeniero Desarrollo Software     C/ Marconi 3 (PTM)

individual to whom they are addressed and it may contain information that
is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by
mistake, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone.The storage,
recording, use or disclosure of this e-mail and its attachments by anyone
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. This message has
been verified using antivirus software; however, the sender is not
responsible for any damage to hardware or software resulting from the
presence of any virus.

Este mensaje y cualquier anexo son exclusivamente para la persona a quien
van dirigidos y pueden contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si
usted ha recibido esta comunicación por error, le agradecemos notificarlo
de inmediato por esta misma vía o por teléfono. Está prohibida su
retención, grabación, utilización o divulgación con cualquier propósito.
Este mensaje ha sido verificado con software antivirus; sin embargo, el
remitente no se hace responsable en caso de que en éste o en los archivos
adjuntos haya presencia de algún virus que pueda generar daños en los
equipos o programas del destinatario.