[SR-Users] Help with NAT

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:10:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

it is clear you have an ALG in the middle that breaks the signalling. Can
you try using TLS? You may try first using a different port than 5060 and
see if the ALG is still capturing the traffic.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM, P. S. <pranav at graffiti.net> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am trying to setup a Kamailio (3.3) + Linphone + Jitsi based private
> calling system (users can call each other but not call out of the network).
>
> Agents can be behind NAT (think Verizon cellphone or home-users behind
> their router).  I started with the default setup and have tried different
> settings for NAT/rtpproxy. Currently, all my users register onto the
> Kamailio server. Users who are not behind a NAT (Jitsi on the internet)
> i.e. with Public IPs are able to successfully make audio/video calls.
>
> I have RTP proxy setup / running as well, and calls to rtpproxy_manage()
> as required. The process is running and Kamailio is configured to know that
> the RTPproxy is listening.
>
> I had to switch to using TCP on some of the my UAs because of provider
> blocking UDP traffic. So they are able to register, yet calls are not
> completed. The call looks like it connects but no media (audio or video
> goes through).
>
> I have read a lot of the forums on NAT - and am trying to solve for a
> couple of big issues:
> 1. Figuring out when a UA is behind a NAT, and handling the RTPProxying
> appropriately.
> 2. while ngrep-ing UDP packets occassionally I see "Warning: 399 sipalg
> "Unauthorized" or Bad request.  based on what I saw on the internet, it
> has to do with the service provider (Verizon) messing with the packet. Is
> there a way arount this?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Pranv

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -