[SR-Users] XMPP- component mode

Wingsravi R wingsravi777 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 13:15:22 CEST 2013

Hi Kamailio community,

I am working around with Kamailio (V 4.0.3), its XMPP module- component
mode and jabbed2 server, intended to get file transfer feature between two
SIP clients. In a way while surfing through the blogs i got some info like
this:

'In component mode, a sub domain is diverted to respective component,so
you don't need users in XMPP sever'.
(http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2010-August/065209.html).

With this my question is: what does it mean ?

Is it mean like i dont need to register xmpp clients to jabbedd2(xmpp)
server ? If this is the case, How can i use my SIP users (registered to
kamailio server) in jabberd2 server context ?

Even XMPP module's man page doesn't give clarity about these questions.

Any help will greatly appreciate.

Regards,
Ravi