[SR-Users] Kamilio and AWS Route 53 latency regions

Tue Oct 15 11:46:48 CEST 2013

Hi!

First, if 2 servers share the same DB, then userloc must be switched to
DB-only mode:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/usrloc.html#idp16939424

But this leads you to another problem. As Fred already mentioned, SIP
clients (or the NAT of the user) often refuse messages which are not
received from the proxy to which the registration was sent.

The best solution depends on what you exactly want to achieve and how
many servers you want to add. But a simple workaround would be:
- both proxies use their own DB
- if lookup() fails, then
   - if requests comes from other proxy -> send 404
   - if request comes from user -> forward to other proxy

regards
Klaus