[SR-Users] Kamilio and AWS Route 53 latency regions

Coy Cardwell coy.cardwell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 23:12:00 CEST 2013

Hi All. Fist time poster here, long time geek.

I am trying to get Kamilio to work in the following configuration and after
days of googling and configuration attempts, I have come here for help.

Two servers, both sharing the same database. Server1, Server2. Both servers
are behind a NAT (AWS).

If I set the DNS to return both IP addresses for the domain on the A
record, everything works, all is well.

If I set the DNS to return values based on latency and the Calling Client
gets Server1's IP Address but the Receiving Client is registered to
Server2, the call fails from a timeout. I can see the attempt to go through
at the packet level and a 'non-local' socket message as well.

If the DNS returns Server2's IP Address and the Receiving Client is
registered to Server2, the call completes.

I have tried numerous variations of the various 'path' and 'registrar'
options with any joy. I tried making one of the servers the central
registrar as well. I am not entirely sure I ever set everything correctly,
but I have tried numerous combinations.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I only ask this as I think I have
exhausted my own list of things to try.

Thanks.

- Coy Cardwell