[SR-Users] Call_control after executing dlg_manage()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:26:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 10/14/13 12:12 PM, Efelin Novak wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> I'm confused a little bit by the dialog module documentation. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong
>
> For initial invite I should create a dialog with dlg_manage "just"
> before t_relay.
> All dialog variables would be set correctly?
Not sure, never used dialog vars. But you can set them after
dlg_manage(). The rule is that dialog should not be created before you
are (pretty) sure the initial invite is going to be relayed.

For requests within dialog you can call it earlier, as there is no much
routing logic to be done for them.

> How about dialog:failed route, would it work correctly?

Yes.

> For in dialog requests (has_totag) I should call dlg_manage at the
> beginning of the script to have all dialog variables available.

That's fine.

> So far seems to be fine. However uac_replace_from auto restore feature
> does not work with this scenario. Should I move it right after
> dlg_manage like this:?
>
> dlg_manage();
> uac_replace_from();
> t_relay;

Yes, should be recommended. Typically I do uac_replace_from() in a
branch route, because in case of serial forking another branch might
need a different From format.

> I think e.g. mediaproxy also requires the dialog to be started before
> enagage_mediaproxy()?
> Aren't there any other functions bound to the dialog creation?

I don't remember any one at this moment.

> I apologize for so many questions and if any of these questions is
> inappropriate I'm sorry.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -