[SR-Users] PUBLISH handling

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:52:37 CEST 2013

Hello,

first, do not cross post on many mailing list. As you ask about usage
and looks like is about stable branch, write only to
sr-users at lists.sip-router.org. Also, do not write/reply directly to a
single person, follow up with the discussion on mailing list.

Now, you refer to SER which is no longer packaged by the project as a
release, we do only kamailio. Can you tell us the version you are using?
It is the output of 'ser -V'

On the other hand, if you are using presence extensions, I recommend
using the latest stable version, which is kamailio v4.0. There were many
improvements and new development to those extensions. If you have
difficulties to use latest stable, then we are able to help better than
with older releases.

On 10/10/13 12:23 PM, Piyush.Bansal at relianceada.com wrote:
> Hi,
>         I've an observation regarding PUBLISH message handling. on
> receiving of PUBLISH message, SER is sending NOTIFY with presence
> information of all the buddies available in the buddy list while it
> should be sending that only for the buddy updating his/her presence
> information. Because of this the size of every NOTIFY message
> traversing on the network is quite high.
>
> Please help if there is any change I'll have to do to achieve the desired.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> --Piyush Bansal
>

> The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any
> attachments to this email are intended for the exclusive use of the
> addressee(s) and access to this email by any one else is unauthorised.
> The email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
> information or information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or
> return email and delete this communication and any attachments
> thereto, immediately from your computer. Any dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this communication and the attachments
> thereto (in whole or part), in any manner, is strictly prohibited and
> actionable at law. The recipient acknowledges that emails are
> susceptible to alteration and their integrity can not be guaranteed
> and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and
> accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
> this email.

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28; Miami, Nov 18-20, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -