[SR-Users] Presence: Duplicate entry 'username-domain-presence-*#-OFFLINE-#*' for key 'presentity_idx' when multiple clients register using the same credentials

Yufei Tao yufei.tao at redembedded.com
Wed Oct 9 14:23:02 CEST 2013

After removing the 'CONSTRAINT presentity_idx UNIQUE (username, domain, event, etag)' from the presentity table I get these errors:

"Oct  9 11:04:11 tuna /usr/sbin/kamailio[5513]: ERROR: presence [presentity.c:1229]: mark_presentity_for_delete(): Found 2 presentities - expected 1"

which is consistent with the constraint which insists unique username-domain-event-etag combinations. This constraint would have been fine for the case when multiple clients use the same credentials and each publishes its statuses, if the clearing process didn't change the etag of expired presentity entries to the same *#-OFFLINE-#*.

Maybe it would be good to include the original etag for the expired entries, e.g. '*#-OFFLINE-#*-orig_etag' rather than just '*#-OFFLINE-#*', in which case these errors won't occur, since the original etags (orig_etag) are unique.

Yufei

On 08/10/13 13:54, Yufei Tao wrote:
Thank you Juha for your replies!

>From RFC3856:

A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

6.11.  State Agents

   RFC 3265 [2] requires each package to consider the role of state
   agents in the package, and if they are used, to specify how
   authentication and authorization are done.

   State agents are core to this package.  Whenever the PA is not
   co-located with the PUA for the presentity, the PA is acting as a
   state agent.  It collects presence state from the PUA, and aggregates
   it into a presence document.  Because there can be multiple PUA, a
   centralized state agent is needed to perform this aggregation.  That
   is why state agents are fundamental to presence.  Indeed, they have a
   specific term that describes them - a presence server.

Seems the presence server needs to aggregate statuses from different PUAs for the same presentity into a single presence document, if I understand it correctly? Anyway it is not what happens currently with Kamailio 4.0.3 unless I'm missing anything.

Cheers,
Yufei