[SR-Users] XML RPC Module Call Not Responding

Tony DeSousa tony at telax.com
Tue Oct 8 17:55:01 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using Kamailio 4.0.3 as a presence server. I read in the documentation that the MI interface is or will be deprecated so I decided to use XMLRPC to get presence information about the UAs registered to the Kamailio to feed into my application.

I reused the example Python xmlrpc example script to prove out that I could connect to Kamailio and retrieve any information. I tried executing this command

[root at hera home]# python xmlrpcclient.py GET '<?xml version='1.0'?><methodCall><methodName>usrLoc.statistics</methodName><params></params></methodCall>'
^Z
[4]+  Stopped                 python xmlrpcclient.py GET '<?xml version='1.0'?><methodCall><methodName>usrLoc.statistics</methodName><params></params></methodCall>'

It seems the command hangs, but I read in the kamailio.cfg file that Kamailio does not accept connections from Python's xmlrpclib so is this correct? Are there other libraries out there, I prefer Python but willing to give Lua a try. Or am I missing something something else, I made the script executable and its running locally on the local host and using port 5060.

The use case I'm trying to develop is send Kamailio the AoR/URI of a registered UA and get back its presence state (online/offline), that is it.

Regards,
Tony de Sousa