[SR-Users] Kamailio 4 + Asterisk 11: Local Extensions busy / congested

Michael Leuker michael at leuker.me
Wed May 29 11:09:06 CEST 2013

Daniel,

Thank you very much for your answer! Turning up verbosity indeed brought up
the following message:

chan_sip.c:23237 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE
to '"49450386473" <sip:xxxxxxxx at 198.23.139.21>;tag=as72a4117a'
    -- SIP/1001-00000006 is circuit-busy

... which in combination with this message about FreePBX integration on the
mailing-list

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2013-May/077985.html

helped open my eyes that FreePBX is using different tables which in turn
leads to the above authentication problem.

I'll take a look at the configuration this weekend, but am far from sure
that I can make the necessary changes. For what it's worth, FreePBX is an
extremely popular Asterisk GUI that does a fantastic job making Asterisk
accessble for the rest of us.

There has been another project at

http://www.ictinnovations.com/content/kamailio-elastix-installation-and-integeration

giving it a shot, but their approach seems to be overkill and hard to
maintain compared with your easy and elegant solution.

Long story short: I could easily follow a tutorial, but will probably
stumble in the dark for a long time with uncertain results if giving this a
shot on my own. It's only a hobby for me, but I'd gladly pay for some help
adapting the database settings, preferably in a way that leaves the FreePBX
structure untouched. Anybody willing to give it a shot?

Best Regards,
Michael