[SR-Users] MySQL storage engine

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:30:42 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 5/28/13 3:53 PM, Lefteris Zafiris wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I noticed (after checking the files in utils/kamctl/mysql) that
> kamailio uses the MyISAM storage engine for its database tables in
> mysql, is there some particular reason for this? Isn't the read/write
> concurency that InnoDB provides desirable?
you can change that if you prefer innodb, nothing has to be changed in
kamailio. Probably the MyISAM is still the safest for old installations.
The best would be to make it configurable, but now is generated from the
xml file specifying table structures.

Is there an option to set default storage engine per database (or mysql
server)? Maybe we should skip it in table definition and let it be the
default one in the database server.

> And on a side note, enabling 'low_priority_updates'
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-options.html#option_mysqld_low-priority-updates)
> that prioritizes reads over writes in my mysql config can lead to any
> potential issues with kamailio? Anybody tested this before?
I haven't played with this myself, but it should not really affect
kamailio, each own process uses its connection and does serial queries.

> Regards,
>
> Lefteris Zafiris

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *