[SR-Users] TLS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:03:14 CEST 2013

Hello,

you can set the ca_list file with those ca certificates you want to accept:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tls.html#ca_list

Alternative, you accept all certificates and then use pv conditions to
see and restrict the access based on who signed/emitted the client
certificate.

On 5/27/13 10:59 PM, Moacir Ferreira wrote:
> Thanks for the clarifications.
>
> Now, when we ask the client to have a certificate, where do we control
> what client certificates will be accepted?
> I.e.: I don't want any valid certificate to authentcate but only those
> ones I accept as valid.
>
> Moacir
>
> > Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:34:09 +0200
> > To: miconda at gmail.com; sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
> > Subject: Re: [SR-Users] TLS

> > > Like the softphone authenticating the server based on server
> certificate?
> >
> > MTLS just means, that the TLS server requires a certificate from the
> TLS
> > client. Thus, between SIP clients and SIP server this merely means that
> > not only the client authenticates the proxy, but the proxy also
> > authenticates the client based on the client's TLS certificate.
> >
> > Nice that Jitsi supports it - although I failed to configure Jitsi :-)
> > If someone fails configuring TLS for Jitsi, see this howto:
> >
> http://www.resiprocate.org/ReproMutualTLSAuthenticationJitsi#Setting_up_Jitsi
> >
> > I just found out that my QjSimple [1] also supports client
> certificates :-)
> >

> > regards
> > Klaus
> >
> > [1] http://www.ipcom.at/en/telephony/qjsimple/

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *