[SR-Users] TLS

Thu May 23 10:34:09 CEST 2013

On 22.05.2013 11:19, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> - Finally, do you know any free softphone that implements mutual TLS
>>> authentication?
>>
>> I am not aware of any.
>
> Like the softphone authenticating the server based on server certificate?

MTLS just means, that the TLS server requires a certificate from the TLS
client. Thus, between SIP clients and SIP server this merely means that
not only the client authenticates the proxy, but the proxy also
authenticates the client based on the client's TLS certificate.

Nice that Jitsi supports it - although I failed to configure Jitsi :-)
If someone fails configuring TLS for Jitsi, see this howto:
http://www.resiprocate.org/ReproMutualTLSAuthenticationJitsi#Setting_up_Jitsi

I just found out that my QjSimple [1] also supports client certificates :-)

regards
Klaus

[1] http://www.ipcom.at/en/telephony/qjsimple/