[SR-Users] src record support (new topic)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue May 21 11:00:42 CEST 2013

21 maj 2013 kl. 10:52 skrev Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>:

> The problem one always runs into when dealing with phones, softphones, ATAs, and other end-user clients is getting them to trust incoming calls from the secondary registrar in the event of a failure of the primary one.  Usually, they expect calls to come from the registrar that they registered to, and few of them implement SRV correctly enough to solve this problem.
Well, that's why we are forced to use IP failover. Sad but true.

> This is not an issue with PBXs, where one can generally build two trunks to two different hosts.
Asterisk has been completely broken in regards of SRV support. It doesn't fail over, it doesn't handle IPv6 and Ipv4 in SRV priorities correctly, and it doesn't accept incoming calls from all hosts in the SRV record set.

I'm trying to fix that in my pgtips branch.

I don't know the state of FreeSwitch in regards of SRV support, nor do I know what's planned for the new SIP stack in Asterisk.

In Kamailio - is there any way that we can check if a server that contacts us is part of a SRV record set?
If I get a call from a server using the domain @evaristesys.com - can I check if that server actually is defined as authorative for that domain by checking SRV records - and  without a TLS client cert?

/O