[SR-Users] memcached and usrloc

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue May 21 10:50:34 CEST 2013

21 maj 2013 kl. 10:45 skrev "Victor V. Kustov" <coyote at bks.tv>:

> Hello, Alex!
>

>> In principle, no;  memcache is not supported as a database backend for
>> any module.  The API plumbing is just not there.
>
> OK, i see.
>

>> However, it seems to me if you really, *really* wanted to, you could
>> implement a registrar manually, bypassing registrar + usrloc.  You'd
>> be doing a lot of manual contact management that usrloc takes care of,
>> though.
>
> Look like i must go this way. But registrar - standard, usrloc -
> bypassed.
>

>> Why would you want to do that, though?  If you desire the speed of a
>> memory-only lookup table, you can just use usrloc with db_mode 0:
>>
>>   http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/usrloc.html#idp6002056
>>
>> No database storage required at all.
>
> I need failover, so seem memcached more prefer.
Remember that memcached is only a CACHE, it's not a data repository.
Records will expire and the cache manager is in control of expiry. You can not
trust it to be reliable.

> My aim:
>
> Two K. servers with shared IP (carp) with shared usrloc base, worked by
> failover scheme.
Most of us just replicate the database or forward the REGISTER messages between
two SIP proxys. That's why you have an option to SAVE() to make it not reply,
only silently update usrloc.

That way you can run in kamailio memory. You will not survive restarts of the
proxy though.

/O