[SR-Users] [OT] announcement: openrcs.com - free SIP service

johnc johnc at aktivix.org
Thu May 16 16:20:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for doing this. I've registered an account: gnuday.

I am trying to register a SIP client over TLS (jitsi) I can register to
my kamailio server easily via TLS but not this one. I can register via
UDP to your proxy though.

Also, I notice there are no SRV or NAPTR records:
host -t SRV _sips._tcp.openrcs.com
host -t SRV _sip._udp.openrcs.com
host -t NAPTR openrcs.com

Aren't these needed for federation? I would love to try federating my
proxy with this one.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
John

On 16/05/13 14:45, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> following several requests during Kamailio World, but also in the
direction of federating open source and local communities via SIP (as a
result of FOSDEM panel and discussions), a SIP service was built up to
be offered for free on best effort manner - the hardware and bandwidth
are offered by asipto.com, the service is using the domain openrcs.com.

> Main goal is to offer a free option for community members (but not
restricted to) to create and use SIP accounts. The plan is to enable
many (common) new features to allow people to play with, helping also to
test kamailio.

> There is a rather basic (and alpha stage) web portal based on
wordpress+buddypress, good enough for the moment to create an account
and tune some options - it is available at:

> - https://www.openrcs.com
>
> Along with voice/video calling and instant messaging, the service has
enabled features such as simple presence, msrp relay, xcap server and
websocket (web portal embeds a bare sip app built using jssip library).
Other features will be enable over the time, but have in mind **it is a
not a telephony service**, thus no such specific services like
emergency, pstn interconnect, etc.