[SR-Users] kamailio 4.0.1 and nokia e72 udp

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon May 13 15:51:51 CEST 2013

On 5/11/2013 4:29 PM, hiro wrote:
> using kamailio-4.0.1_src.tar.gz with rtpproxy and a nokia e72 behind
> NAT registered via UDP I get no voice.
> The e72 strangely sends a single udp packet from a wrong port (49152)
> before the rtp stream should start.
> This quirk of the e72 doesn't seem to work well with rtpproxy if the
> following analysis is true:
> rtpproxy detects that single UDP packet from the wrong port and so we
> think that is where everything else will also come from and stop
> listening on other ports. we then also answer on that wrong port.
> Although all subsequent incoming packets arrive from the expected
> (49172) port sent also in the sdp and to the right one we had sent in
> the sdp earlier we never receive them, because we still listen on that
> wrong port with that one bogus packet.

I have seen such behavior before from other cheap NAT routers.  The
solution was to keep rtpproxy in "listen mode for port changes" always.
That way it will keep working no matter how many times the port changes
on the client side.

We are still running an older version of rtpproxy so I cannot comment on
how to patch the lastest version.   The version we have is 1.0.2 and the
modification we did was to file main.c and commented the following
aroubd line 1415:
/*sp->canupdate[ridx] = 0;*/

Thats it.

--