[SR-Users] Kamailio for Debian blog?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon May 13 12:48:14 CEST 2013

On 13/05/13 12:24, James Cloos wrote:
> DP> I'd like to write a brief blog about the status of WebRTC in Debian,
> DP> with a focus on SIP
>
> DP> I understand Kamailio 4.0.1 is already in unstable, is that recommended
> DP> for potential WebSocket users?
>
> The control file used for deb's packaging of 4.0.x does not include the
> tls, outbound or websocket modules.
>
> They provide a separate control.tls file one can use locally to compile
> and package kamailio with support for those modules.

Ok, I see the procedure documented in README.Debian.  I think this could
be made much smoother for people by simply creating a TLS branch in the
packaging SVN repository.  Then people could just checkout the branch
and run dpkg-buildpackage.  The branch would be even easier to maintain
if it is converted to git-buildpackage.

For Fedora users, it can obviously be supported by conditional logic in
the spec file, and then people can just run rpmbuild on the source
tarball.  There would need to be some flag that is passed on the
rpmbuild command line to indicate whether the build is with or without
TLS, it is probably OK to default build with TLS.