[SR-Users] Do we need rtpproxy for all kind of NAT?

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 04:49:16 CEST 2013

@Olle

"If you have a server on a public IP running behind Kamailio you might not
need RTPproxy relaying for calls to and from that server. Asterisk will
handle NAT by itself and doesn't need help if you turn on NAT support in
Asterisk. In that case, RTPproxy just adds delay to your calls."

Can you explain it a little more? Please show us the guide to do that.
How can we not use rtpproxy in case of symmetric NAT ?

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM, John Chen <johnchen56 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't have asterisk/freeswitch now. But i'm considering it now.
> How is rtpproxy performance compared to asterisk/freeswitch for handling
> media relay.
>
> I only need the media relay capability. Don't need conference, ivr,
> transcoding, etc...

Khoa Pham
HCMC University of Science
Faculty of Information Technology