[SR-Users] service uri not found in rls-services document

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 3 00:57:49 CEST 2013

On 5/2/13 7:16 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> looks like kamailio presence and especially rls is lagging behind in
> development ...
You statement is simply misinforming and creates confusion without a
real foundation ... with a minimum effort you could have spotted a large
amount of development that happened lately related to presence
extensions, some of then not existing in any other server side software
(to my knowledge). Over the past two years, presence probably accounts
more than 30% of the development activity.

I run presence services in quite large deployments, going smooth for
past few years. I never used rls due to lack of client side support, but
presence, xcap server and the other related modules work stable and are
up to date.

If you find an issue that you cannot solve, fire a report on the bug
tracker. It will be picked up by a developer at some point in spare
time, if you are under pressure, you can get to other solutions like
finding software consultant to do it for you, it is open source.

> what should we do about kamailio presence modules?  junk them ...

That will never happen. My business model is to deploy Kamailio based
solutions meeting requirements specified by customers, meaning that most
of them come when they are sure Kamailio is the right application and
there is no better alternative, that happened with last presence
services deployments. Try to actually look at the features and even
more, do some performance and stability tests of such services over tcp/tls.

Personally I rarely develop features that I don't need, but I fix issues
that don't affect me as much as the time allows. My spare time doesn't
go in comparing other similar products, there is always something more
interesting to do, but I am pretty sure there is no better framework at
this time to deploy SIMPLE presence extensions than Kamailio.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *