[SR-Users] service uri not found in rls-services document

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri May 3 00:19:08 CEST 2013

Last I looked (around February) there were some things in Kamailio
presence that aren't in OpenSIPS.

For example, the separate notifier processes in both presence and rls (I
believe one may have been ported across now by Saul - but not both).
There are also extensions relating to the built-in XCAP server
(particularly in presence_xml and rls) that are in Kamailio and not
OpenSIPS.  I know that there are some specific RLS fixes and features in
Kamailio that only work when you use the built-in XCAP server.  I also
made some enhancements to the way pidf-manipulation is handled in Kamailio
that I do not think have been ported to OpenSIPS.

Basically, while OpenSIPS presence may be more advanced in some ways I am
quite sure it is less developed in some others.  Having spent a lot of
time over the course of around 18 months doing work in Kamailio presence I
would strongly resist any attempts to junk what is currently there because
I know that I need a lot of the stuff that is in the Kamailio
implementation.  I don't currently have the time to develop it further at
the moment either.

I think the "junk them and replace with opensips" approach would be a
disaster.

Regards,

Peter

> looks like kamailio presence and especially rls is lagging behind in
> development as compared to opensips.  it properly handles the escapes
> that i had trouble with, support external references in presence
> rules, xcal-diff, etc.
>
> what should we do about kamailio presence modules?  junk them and
> replace with opensips ones or implement the missing stuff ourselves?
> i personally don't have resources for the latter.
>
> -- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd