[SR-Users] base64 transformation

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 28 08:59:23 CET 2013

Hi guys

Maybe I missed something, but looks like there is no base64
encode/decode transformation in PV, right?
I think we're going to add one, as it might be handy to do such
transformations directly from within the config file.

One case where this could be used is that some UAs are picky in regards
to URIs as URI params, e.g.

P-Foo: <sip:alice at example.org;x='sip:1.2.3.4:1234'>

which could be changed into

P-Foo: <sip:alice at example.org;x=c2lwOjEuMi4zLjQ6MTIzNAo=>

which might be understood more easily (although it's still just a
work-around for broken UAs, but that's how life is).

Any objections against such a transformation?

Andreas