[SR-Users] Dialog module - shared state

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Mar 26 17:30:38 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

Yes, dmq is the clear way forward once it's working. Is it a lot of work to
get going again? For it to be really useful, I would imagine other modules
will need to make use of it from within their code, rather than the user
trying to do stuff in the config. I may take a look and see how far along
it is.

The others all seem to hinge around dialog:start and dialog:end event
routes, but we really need to replicate info about early dialogs too. So I
think we'll have to send some notifications from the other routes as well.

Anyway, thanks again,

Charles

On 26 March 2013 15:05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 3/26/13 1:51 PM, Charles Chance wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering, how are others sharing dialog module (particularly
>> profile) state between multiple servers?
>>

> if it is just about counting the active dialog calls per user/ip/etc ...
> so far I am mainly using htable, with notifications from each node to the
> other using uac_req_send() (see next for ways for when to send
> notifications). I index by key (userid,ip/etc) plus the call id, then I use
> $shtcn(...) to get the number of items for an user/ip/etc...
>
> An alternative is to use a database table and replicate its content. This
> comes in addition to the dialog table, using the event_routes exported by
> the dialog module to update records:
>
> - http://kamailio.org/docs/**modules/stable/modules/dialog.**
> html#id2556376<http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/dialog.html#id2556376>
>
> dmq module is supposed to offer the framework for inter-kamailio
> communication, iirc, the developer added support for distributing htable
> keys. But then he changed job and didn't work further on this part, it is
> in my list to get it going again before next major release.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com
> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/**miconda<http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda>
> Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
>  - http://conference.kamailio.com -

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.