[SR-Users] NAT & Firewall Issues

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:10:04 CET 2013

So be careful! When Kamailio finds any end point using private address it will use RTPproxy. Both clients will then send their RTP to the RTPproxy. RTP (Real Time communications) does not like delays, jitter, etc. If your virtual machine does not have good resources, then the voice will be just bad. Kamilio and RTPproxy does not require that much power but the resources MUST be consistent, meaning it will not be affected by other VM running on the system so it will not have delays and jitter.
 I run Kamailio on very low resource systems like 32 bits Intel based notepads with 512M RAM and it works just great... Try installing it on a physical machine. Good luck! MoacirFrom: aelsharqawi at live.com