[SR-Users] How does Kamailio handle INVITE message by default ?

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:01:38 CET 2013

Hi Daniel, thanks for the response

2. Change the c= line to a.b.c.d .In the document, a.b.c.d is the public IP
of the client !!!! so in this case not using rtpproxy
3. I read that Kamailio use rtpproxy when client is NATed. Does Kamailio
detect NAT in REGISTER or INVITE message ?

I think this problem is very important but unfortunately, it lacks document
:(

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 3/6/13 1:54 PM, Khoa Pham wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After asking many questions, I haven't got any clues about how Kamailio
>> handles INVITE message by default, in terms of modifying c= line in SDP
>>
>> According to rtpproxy flow http://kamailio.org/docs/ser-**
>> getting-started/SER-**GettingStarted.pdf<http://kamailio.org/docs/ser-getting-started/SER-GettingStarted.pdf>
>>
>> When client register, SIP proxy will call nat_uac_test() to detected if
>> client is NATed or not, then save this info.
>>
>> When client A calls client B, the INVITE message will go through SIP
>> proxy. Here the SIP proxy can do 3 things (as in section "INVITEs behind
>> NAT" in the pdf).
>>
>> 1. Add an SDP command direction:active to the SDP content
>> 2. Change the c= line to a.b.c.d
>> 3. Force RTP to go through a proxy by changing the c-line to c=IN IP4
>> address-of-proxy and the m-line to
>> m=audio port-on-proxy RTP/AVP 0 101.
>>
>> When will SER do 2, 3 ?
>>
> 2 and 3 are done usually when using rtpproxy to relay rtp packets (e.g.,
> via rtpproxy_manage() function), or using various functions related to sdp
> updating from nathelper/rtpproxy/siputils or mangler module.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com
> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/**miconda<http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda>
> Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
>  - http://conference.kamailio.com -

Khoa Pham
HCMC University of Science
Faculty of Information Technology