[SR-Users] Porting kamailio4 to OpenWrt

Jiri Slachta slachta at cesnet.cz
Tue Mar 12 16:02:51 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list and I am a newbie when it comes to Kamailio details, so sorry for any of my misunderstandings. I am the author of kamailio3 package in OpenWrt and currently I am trying to port recent major release of kamailio to OpenWrt. Let's jump directly to my question.

The current state of my Kamailio4 package is that all modules which does not depend on any external libraries, are succesfully built. Any module that depends on external library is not built at all.

But if I pass LD="$(TARGET_CC)" to the linker via:

make -C/path/to/module LD="$(TARGET_CC)"

then the module is succesfully compiled. I build kamailio4 via macro Build/Compile in following Makefile - http://liptel.vsb.cz/svn/besip/Trunk/packages-trunk/net/kamailio4/Makefile

My question is - has anything changed in build procedures or variables significantly? It seems that LD variable is not passed into Makefiles of specific modules. Am I doing anything wrong?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

~ Jiri Slachta