[SR-Users] INVITE messages not authenticated (default configuration)?

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Fri Mar 8 18:00:51 CET 2013

On 7 March 2013 22:20, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

> Greeting,
>
> Hopefully, I'm understanding the following default kamailio.cfg[1]
> file.  Over the weekend, I was attached by SipVicious.  Following
> along with the example Daniel[2] create with kamailio and asterisk, I
> have almost the same setup.  Rather then storing my SIP profiles in
> Asterisk database, I have then in Kamailio.

I also have a test installation originally based on Daniel's example and
have come across the same issue. I also placed a stanza such as the one
below into my [AUTH] route so that INVITES must be authenticated. Given
that in this setup Asterisk is trusting any INVITES from Kamailio it seems
like it should be there for sure.

However, I also found another issue on the Asterisk side related to this. I
raised it on the Asterisk-users list but did not get any replies. Might be
worth a read, and if anyone else here has any idea I would be grateful.
Post is at
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2013-February/277633.html

Regards,

-Barry