[SR-Users] Cannot hear voice with symmetric NAT and STUN

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:55:47 CET 2013

@Alex: thanks for reply

In this IPv4 world, most devices are in NAT, and it only matters if they
are symmetric NAT or not.

So if 1 client is behind symmetric NAT, I want to use rtpproxy, otherwise,
I do not.
According to what I read from kamailio cfg, Kamailio only knows if client
is NATed or not, it doesnot know the NAT type

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> On 03/04/2013 02:44 AM, Khoa Pham wrote:
>
>  @Daniel, how can the SIP proxy determine whether to use rtpproxy or
>> not ?
>>

> You have to set your own criteria for that.  If you only want to use
> rtpproxy in NAT scenarios, you can attempt to detect NAT on the far end
> using some combination of flags passed to nat_uac_test().
>
> Otherwise, you can just engage it in all cases, or using some other
> criteria (e.g. source or destination network).
>
> -- Alex
>
> --
> Alex Balashov - Principal
> Evariste Systems LLC