[SR-Users] When to rewrite o= in SDP ?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:42:17 CET 2013

Hello,

for nat trversal, I suggest you use the default kamailio.cfg from later
versions 3.3.x or upcoming 4.0. Read the comments at the top of the file
-- practically the routing logic for nat traversal is surrounded by
WITH_NAT define.

o= line is not used for rtp relaying, but some clients expect to be the
same as c=, at that moment it should be rewritten (or better rewrite it
always to be sure that is not the reason of some no-audio problem).

On 3/1/13 12:47 PM, Khoa Pham wrote:
> Hi, I mistype. What I want to know is what affects Kamailio decision
> in rewriting c= in SDP.
>
> In
> http://kamailio.org/docs/ser-getting-started/SER-GettingStarted.pdf, I
> see that
>
>  if (isflagset(6)) {
>  force_rport();
>  fix_nated_contact();
>  force_rtp_proxy();
>  }
>
> Which means that Kamalio only cares if the caller is behind NAT or not.
>
> Does it care about caller's symmetric NAT, using STUN, callee's nat type ?
>

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Khoa Pham <onmyway133 at gmail.com
> <mailto:onmyway133 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I read in
>     http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/nathelper.html that
>     Kamailio might rewrite ip address in o= in SDP to facilitate NAT
>     traversal.
>
>     It may decide to use to original IP or use IP of RTP server. What
>     factors affect its decision ?
>
>     --
>     Khoa Pham
>     HCMC University of Science
>     Faculty of Information Technology
>

> --
> Khoa Pham
> HCMC University of Science
> Faculty of Information Technology

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -