[SR-Users] UAC remote registrations caller id

Isaac McDonald imcdona at suscall.com
Wed Jul 31 07:00:19 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using the UAC module to perform remote registrations. When an
incoming call comes in from one of the remote registrations I'm using
the following to route the call to the correct user:

if(uac_reg_lookup("$rU", "$ru")) {
         lookup("location");
         route(RELAY);
     }

This works fine for routing the call to the local user but the "from
domain" still contains the IP address of the remote registrar. This
results in the caller ID being displayed along with the registrars IP
address.

I've been reading the documentation on the UAC module and it looks like
I should be using "uac_restore_from()" somewhere in the config to
restore the original "from domain". My thought was to do something like
this but it's not replacing the from domain:

if(uac_reg_lookup("$rU", "$ru")) {
         uac_restore_from();
         lookup("location");
         route(RELAY);
     }

I've got the following modparams set for UAC and RR:

modparam("rr", "append_fromtag", 1)
modparam("uac","restore_mode","auto")

I'm not sure if using uac_restore_from() is the way to accomplish this
or if I should be going about this differently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac