[SR-Users] UAC module fails to refresh registrations

Isaac McDonald imcdona at suscall.com
Sun Jul 21 01:35:32 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm using the UAC module to register to remote sip proxies. When
starting Kamailio, the UAC module successfully registers with the remote
sip proxies as expected. Upon expiration of the registration (refresh
interval) the UAC module fails to re-register.

I've done some sip traces and found the following:

During Kamailio startup the registration process is typical of what
you'd expect:

1. UAC module sends registration request without authentication
information to remote registrar

2. Remote sip proxy sends a 401 back to Kamailio saying unauthorized

3. UAC module sends another registration request with credentials and
registration is complete.

After the refresh interval expires, the UAC module performs step 1 from
above, and the remote sip proxy sends back a 401 (step 2). At this
point, the UAC module doesn't resend the registration request with
credentials thus failing to register.

I've got the following modparam's set on the UAC module.

modparam("uac", "reg_contact_addr", "10.0.0.31:5060")
modparam("uac", "reg_timer_interval", 60)
modparam("uac", "reg_retry_interval", 300)

Anyone have any idea's as to why registrations are failing after the
refresh interval?