[SR-Users] Load database table in memory

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 4 09:34:14 CEST 2013

On 07/04/2013 03:10 AM, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:
> Alex, we’re primarily using MSSQL as our database server and would like
> to keep it that way. But since Gary has accomplished this with MTREE,
> I’ll give that a go. 7 million records is very impressive. Our tables
> won’t have near that much records, just a few hundred.
>
> I’d like to reload the data every x interval, but I don’t see the MTREE
> having support for this, except a MI command mt_reload. I can’t call
> this from within the configuration script right? If not, how does the
> TIMER module work? Does it run independently from requests, and gets
> triggered every set interval?

I think what you want is rtimer:

    http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/rtimer.html

And indeed, you can think of it as a kind of cron daemon that runs
outside the SIP message processor thread pool.

While there is no way to trigger an mtree reload from inside route
script, you can use rtimer + the 'exec' module to trigger one from the
outside, using the 'mt_reload' MI command that you mentioned above:

    http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/exec.html

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal