[SR-Users] How to cleanup unconfirmed dialog in memory?

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Tue Jul 2 15:23:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

I don't think this will help at all, as regardless of DB mode, unconfirmed
dialogs are not stored in DB anyway.

The important thing to remember is that if you are calling dialog_manage()
in your config, to only do it once you are ready to forward the request. If
you call it but then exit for some reason without actually forwarding, you
will probably end up with a stuck dialog.

Maybe someone else can suggest other possible causes?

To my knowledge, there is no existing way to clear these without restarting.

Regards,

Charles

On 2 July 2013 14:10, Gary Chen <gchen3203 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for suggestion. I will give it try.
> Since every call will have to check database, will this effect the
> performance of Kamailio for high volume server?
>
> Gary
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM, I.Pavlov <ip at izhnet.ru> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Gary. I had same problem. Try to use “db_mode” parameter of dialog
>> module with 1 value.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> *1 - REALTIME* - any dialog information changes will be reflected into
>> the database immediatly.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Then you can kill the dead dialogs through database.****
>>
>> ** **

www.sipcentric.com

Follow us on twitter @sipcentric <http://twitter.com/sipcentric>

Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Unit 10 iBIC, Birmingham Science Park, Holt Court South, Birmingham
B7 4EJ.