[SR-Users] Issue with RTP proxy....

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:39:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 7/1/13 5:48 PM, arun Jayaprakash wrote:
> Hello, I have enabled RTP proxy on my machine (ec2 instance) by
> running the following script:
>
> rtpproxy -F -l mypublicip -s udp:localhost:7722
>
> but I keep getting this error. The phones ring but there is no audio:
>
> 3(4144) ERROR: rtpproxy [rtpproxy.c:2647]: force_rtp_proxy():
> incorrect port 0 in reply from rtp proxy
>
> can someone let me know what this error means?
you cannot get rtpproxy listening on the ec2 public ip, which does not
exist on the network interface.

You will have to use a patched rtpproxy, that adds advertising address
support. I had such patch for my own usage, now I polished it a bit and
push it to github:

-
https://github.com/miconda/rtpproxy/commit/41f6d9d9084a6fad52a6483a0593d4b25e0de8ca

Give it a try, hope I haven't broken it with last polishing, if does not
work let me know.

You should be able to apply it to latest rtpproxy stable release. Once
you compile and install, then run rtpproxy with:

rtpproxy -F -l localip -A publicip  -s udp:localhost:7722