[SR-Users] uac_replace_from recovery with modified header

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 24 16:34:05 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

On 01/24/2013 03:55 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> The latest version has support for using dialog to store the From/To
> values, so no masking within rr param. It should work fine in your case,
> I guess.
>
> For earlier version, you can achieve more or less the same by storing
> from/to values in htable, indexed by call-id.

Thanks for the explanation.

This issue actually happens on our very first SPCE version (2.1), which
just runs one kamailio as proxy without any load-balancer and sbc in
between the proxy and the called party.

Since 2.2 we use sems as sbc between proxy and lb on the way out to the
called party b, so in that case if B sends something odd in the To,
it'll be discarded and replaced by the To (or From, depending on the
direction) which had been passed from the proxy to the sbc in the
initial INVITE.

So that's for example a very good scenario where it pays off to have an
SBC in your system :)

Andreas