[SR-Users] Generating logging based on SIP messages

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Thu Jan 24 12:41:58 CET 2013

Hello,

A while ago I came across the siptrace and sipcapture modules and thought this would be a good way to generate logging out of all the SIP messages that are passed through Kamailio and stored in the siptrace/sipcapture table.
My idea was to extract certain values from SIP messages and store these in our database. Also each SIP Request or Response would be mapped to a certain status so we would be able to monitor which call is in which state.

I still have a lot of work to do to think this all out, since it's still only an idea. I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some pointers into what to keep in mind when doing this.

Regards,

Grant